John H. White, DDS, MSD, currently practices as a private practice clinician in Richmond, Virginia. Originally from Huntington, WV, Dr. White later attended the University of Richmond graduating with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance Concentration. Finding his true calling in dentistry, Dr. White later obtained his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree from Virginia Commonwealth University’s (VCU) School of Dentistry in 2015. He went on to receive a specialty certificate in periodontics, dental implant surgery and IV conscious sedation at VCU as well as a Masters of Science in Dentistry (M.S.D) degree for his research work on the future of the periodontal specialty.
Dr. White is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontolgy. He has received several awards for clinical and academic excellence and served in numerous leadership roles. Dr. White maintains active membership in the American Dental Association, Virginia Dental Association, Richmond Dental Society, American Academy of Periodontology, Virginia Society of Periodontics, and Southern Academy of Periodontology.
He co-founded and currently runs a dental study club in Richmond, Va. Dr. White maintains a private practice limited to periodontal and dental implant surgery with Drs. Richardson, Overstreet, Glazier & White. His clinical interests include bone and soft tissue regeneration and dental implant surgery. In his spare time, Dr. White enjoys golf and tennis as well as spending time with his wife and their two children.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- 2018 – Present – Board Certification in Periodontal and Dental Implant Surgery, American Board of Periodontology
- 2018 – Present – M.S.D/Certificate in Periodontology and Dental Implant Surgery, VCU
- 2015 – Present – Virginia State Board of Dentistry
- 2015 – Present – IV and Oral Conscious/Moderate Sedation Certification
- 2015 – Present – Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers (BLS)
- 2015 – Present – Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- 2015 – 2018 – M.S.D./Certificate – Periodontics, Virginia Commonwealth University
- 2011 – 2015 – D.D.S., Virginia Commonwealth University
- 2009 – 2011 – Post-Baccalaureate Health Sciences Certificate, Virginia Commonwealth University
- 2003 – 2007 – BSBA – Finance, University of Richmond
- 2018 – Present – Richardson, Overstreet, & Glazier Ltd.
- 2007 – 2009 – Ewing Bemiss & Co
- 2006 – JP Morgan Chase
- 2005 – Citigroup-Smith Barney
- 2019 – Board Certification in Periodontal and Dental Implant Surgery, American Board of Periodontology
- 2019 – Virginia Dental Services Committee
- 2018 – VCU Periodontics Chief Resident
- 2017 – Virginia Dental Association – Top 40 under 40 Virginia Dentists
- 2015 – American Academy of Periodontology Dental Student Award
- 2015 – Omicron Kappa Upsilon: Kappa Chapter Dental Honor Society
- 2015 – Department of General Practice Certificate of Recognition
- 2015 – Department of Prosthodontics Certificate of Recognition
- 2015 – 2011 – Student Professionalism and Ethics Association (SPEA) – National Executive, VCU Chapter President
- 2015 – 2011 – American Dental Education Association (ADEA) – VCU Chapter President
- 2015 – 2011 – VCU Strategic Planning Committee
- 2015 – 2011 – Teaching Assistant and Tutor
- 2014 – Department of General Practice Commendation
- 2014 – Certificate of Excellence for Outstanding Table Clinic Presentation at Tri-Service Dental Society
- 2013 – DDS Class of 1986 Scholarship
- 2013, 2012 – VCU Academic Merit Scholarship
- 2002 – NSCAA High School Soccer All-American, WV State Player of the Year
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS:
- White JH, Carrico CK, Lanning SK, et al. Virginia-based periodontists’ perceptions: Current and future trends of the specialty. J Periodontol. 2019;1–10.
- Periodontal Abstract for Virginia Dental Association (VDA) Journal:
Stefanini M, Felice P, Mazzotti C, Marzadori M, Gherlone EF, Zucchelli G. Transmucosal Implant Placement with Submarginal Connective Tissue Graft in Areas of Shallow Buccal Bone Dehiscence: A Three-year Follow-up Case Serioes. Int. J. Perio Rest Dent. 2016; 36(5): 621-30. Va Dent J 94 (3), 27. Jul-Sep 2017.
- Untreated and Plasma Treated Grooved PEEK for Implants: Hydrophobicity/Hydrophilicity; P.C. Moon, S. J. Short, J. H. White, D. V. Pestova, P. A. Madurantakam; VCU Dentistry & Engineering, Richmond, Va.
- White, JH. Ain’t No Party Like an Ethics Party. VCU School of Dentistry Newsletter – the Probe, v7 (2), 14.
PRESENTATIONS & LECTURES
- 2019 – Virginia Dental Association CE Bites – Latest advances in soft tissue, bone, and implant engineering
- 2019, 2018 – Periodontal Lecture Series – Advanced surgical techniques
- 2018 – Perio/Ortho/AEGD Seminar – Mucogingival considerations
- 2017-2019 – Perio Senior Selective – Guided tissue regeneration, guided bone regeneration
- 2017 – Interdisciplinary Seminar – Periodontal regeneration
- 2017 – Perio Senior Selective – Functional and esthetic crown lengthening
- 2017 – Diagnostic and treatment planning uses for CBCTs
- American Academy of Periodontology
- Southern Academy of Periodontology
- Virginia Society of Periodontists
- American Dental Association
- Virginia Dental Association
- Richmond Dental Society
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon (Kappa Chapter)
- Psi Omega National Dental Fraternity (Gamma Omicron Chapter)
- Co-founder: The Meridian Dental Study Club
- Second Presbyterian Church
- Avid golfer
- Central Virginia Soccer Association
- River City Sports & Social Club